Monday, October 1, 2007

Oct. 01 - Happy October

Mom has been doing well overall. She's not been quite so sick to her stomach anymore. She said she thought she got ahold of some bug. She's just tired, alot, but that is typical with cancer patients. She's not lost alot of hair yet, but it is starting to thin out just a little.

We went to my Aunt Mary's yesterday for a Fish Fry. It was nice to see most of the family again. I miss the days when we all would get together. It seems these days, it's only during the holidays. Life is too short and precious to only be getting together only at Thanksgiving and Christmas. While we were there, we found out that my cousin has Leukemia. I'm not sure which kind, but I think she said it's chronic myelogenous leukemia. She went Friday for a Bone Marrow draw and they should find out more this week. I'm pretty fed up now with Cancer. This is the 3rd person in my immediate family that it's struck. Luckily, Carrie's form of Leukemia is the most treatable type. We'll keep praying for her that she's that 1% chance that it's not actually Leukemia, but a fluke. Please add her to your prayer lists too.

I talked to another friend today, Kristi Parkes. Her father has been diagnosed with Lung Cancer too. He is going in Friday for Port Placement then begins chemotherapy next week. I told Kristi it was too bad that he wasn't going on Thursday's, then they all could sit around and "shoot the shit". I hate that someone else I know is going through this same thing, but it is nice to be able to have someone to lean on and to help out. Kristi is a like a surrogate mother/friend. She used to babysit me when I was younger. Please add Mark Emery to your prayer list as well as his family. They need all the support they can get too.

Mom has treatment again Thursday, then again next week. Next week she'll meet with Dr. Dayton again. I'll be going to that doctor's appointment with them. It's the only way that I'll know I'll get ALL the information.

That's about all I know for now. Thanks for keeping our family in your thoughts and prayers. I do believe that God can work miracles. We'll keep praying for one too.

Peace, Love and God Bless,

Tammi

No comments:

Songs for Mom