Monday, December 31, 2007

December 31 - Visit to ER

Hello everyone. I hope this finds everyone in good spirits and good health. The holidays are almost over and it's now almost time for me to return to work.

Mom has been doing good, so she says or tells everyone else. Roger says she hides alot of things and doesn't tell people the complete truth. I don't know why she has to try and put on a strong face for everyone else.

Well, last night, I went over to take Devin as he was supposed to spend the day with my step-brother so they could go to the movies. When I got there, mom looked horrible. She said she had been vomiting and had diarrhea for three days, so obliviously she hasn't been able to keep any food down. I couldn't stand to sit there and watch her vomit again......so I called my cousin Angie, who is an oncology nurse. I already knew that she was becoming dehydrated, but I just needed someone to back me up on this. So I pretty much told mom she had to go to the ER! That she was dehydrated and it wasn't good for her. What hasn't helped her is that she has a had a bad cold or infection and has been on a Z pack for an infection.

So, we loaded up the car at 5:30pm and took her to Bloomington Hospital. They did alot of blood work, did an EKG (because of her heart history), took an X-Ray of her chest and hooked her up to Sodium Choride. All of her blood work came back good. Her INR level was back down to 2.7. Apparently it was high last Thursday. White Blood count looked good. Her x-ray was a little cloudy according to Dr. Watters, but he said that could be do to the infection she was fighting. So they made her lay there and take some more fluids then they let her go home. All together she got about 700ml of fluid. We finally got out of there about 10pm. Not bad for a visit to the ER.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just got off the phone with mom. She's doing good considering she says. She said she was able to eat an egg this morning and that my step-brother brought her some protein mix that Special K makes. She's still horse and still has diarrhea, but seems alot better than yesterday. She has a doctor's appointment Friday. I'll be so happy to go talk to Dr. Dayton.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, I need to get off here and do some cleaning. My house looks like an earthquake struck then a tornado went through. Love you all. Please call me if you want. I don't know if I'd be able to tell you much more though.

Have a safe and Happy New Year.

No comments:

Songs for Mom