Tuesday, April 15, 2008

April 15 - Dr's Appointment & a Sad Day.....

Hello. Mom went to the doctor this afternoon. After reviewing everything, he began discussing options. From the sounds of what Dr. Dayton said, there aren't too many other alternatives. Everything else he has to offer, the side-effects would most likely be worse than anything she's experienced so far. She asked Dr. Dayton about trying the Alimta again, since she wasn't so sure whether it was the Thrush or the Chemo that caused her all the problems. He agreed they could do so. So it looks like she will be giving Alimta another go round. Her next chemo treatment is April 23rd or 24th.

The biggest concern with mom is her strength. She is so weak and really needs to gain strength so her body will take the chemo ok. She barely eats enough to feed a bird (a bird eats more.) She's been complaining about shaking, which Dr. Dayton said could very well be a result of her not eating. How do you get someone to eat, who doesn't want to?? She told Roger and I today that when she tries to eat, everything tastes like chalk. (So, in jest, I suggested we get some chalk. LOL) I wish I could make her realize how much better she would probably feel if she actually ate something everyday and not just a bite. It's no wonder she feels so down.....

On another sad note, My uncle Fred passed away Sunday. From what I understand he peacefully went to sleep Sunday morning with Aunt Donna by his side. I know this is going to be extremely difficult for mom. The funeral is tomorrow and with her being so sick, I don't know how she'll make it through. I know it has to be eating at her too, knowing that Uncle Fred died of Cancer. Granted his wasn't the same type, but it was cancer none-the-less.

Please keep my family in your prayers during this difficult time. It seems that Cancer has spread it's ugly arms around my family and is pulling us in one by one.

No comments:

Songs for Mom